By Robert Holley P,Robert P. Holley
Honoring the paintings of Ruth C. Carter upon her retirement as editor of Cataloging & class Quarterly, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is a special assortment that includes 21 articles from specialists within the box. Celebrating Dr. Carter’s commitment to technical providers, cataloging, background, and administration, those essays bear in mind all of the very important features of her existence and profession. the real compendium additionally contains an interview with Dr. Carter and a assessment of Cataloging & class Quarterly (CCQ) in the course of her two decades at its helm.
In 4 elements, this wide-ranging assortment comprises articles that not just span the size and breadth of Dr. Carter’s specialist occupation, but additionally current new contributions to the sector. the 1st component to Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar considers Dr. Carter’s own historical past and direct impression on CCQ in addition to what she sees as key concerns in cataloging firstly of the twenty first century. The stories partly take a global examine cataloging and bibliographic historical past whereas new learn within the box is gifted partly 3. ultimately, half 4 bargains papers that give some thought to present traits in addition to attainable instructions for the rising electronic destiny.
Chapters in Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar comprise:
- a commemorative biographical comic strip of Ruth Carter
- an interview the place she discusses her occupation as a librarian, archivist, historian, and long-time editor
- a accomplished evaluation of the contents of Cataloging & type Quarterly from 1990-2006
- an research of the supply of books and analyzing fabrics in Monroe County, Indiana, via 1850
- annotation as a misplaced artwork in cataloging early twentieth-century British libraries
- twenty-five years of bibliographic keep an eye on study on the collage of Bradford
- the Italian cataloging culture and its relationships with the overseas culture
- technical providers and tenure impediments and techniques
- the works phenomenon and most sensible promoting books
- measuring typographical mistakes’ influence on retrieval in bibliographic databases
- assembly the desires of specific layout catalogers
- reproduction cataloging for print and video monographs in educational libraries
- balancing rules, perform, and pragmatics in a altering electronic surroundings
- the improvement of information constructions on the net
- and may possibly more!
a special compilation of the numerous matters that seemed in CCQ in the course of Dr. Carter’s 20-year tenure, Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar is an informative source for librarians, LTS execs, catalogers, scholars, educators, and researchers.
Read Online or Download Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter PDF
Similar publishing & books books
The 3rd quantity of the Phenomenology of Biocatastrophe book sequence starts with a dialogue of the general public questions of safety referring to biocatastrophe. A evaluation of the chemistry of ecotoxins is via a survey of anthropogenic ecotoxins and statement on their healthiness results. This final quantity additionally contains hyperlinks to details resources approximately environmental concerns and contaminants, through an intensive sequence of appendices, which offer a short creation to CDC, EPA, FDA, country, and NGO databases and environmental screening courses.
First released in 2011. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The pros' consultant to Publishing is a pragmatic advent to operating within the publishing undefined. The authors offer a transparent evaluate of its many capabilities, together with editorial, creation, revenues and advertising and marketing; making sure that the reader has an organization figuring out in their obligations and the way those departments paintings cross-functionally.
E-book Publishing a hundred and one: within details to Getting Your First booklet or Novel released is the following to assist make your publishing dream a fact. this beneficial e-book info the kinds of publishing to choose between, together with conventional, subsidy, self-importance, print-on-demand (POD), and self-publishing. you'll study every little thing from copyrighting and cataloging to booklet layout, printing, and binding.
- A Glenn Gould Catalog (Discographies: Association for Recorded Sound Collections Discographic Reference)
- Plotting Your Story Arc, Workbook for Fiction Writers, Plotters and Pantsers
- How to Get Your Book Published Free in Minutes and Marketed Worldwide in Days
- Expanding Adaptation Networks: From Illustration to Novelization (Palgrave Studies in Adaptation and Visual Culture)
- Behind the Cover: A Ghostwriter's Guide to Authoring Your Own Business Book
Additional info for Cataloger, Editor, and Scholar: Essays in Honor of Ruth C. Carter